Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fallen Friend :(

Well, I wanted to post this a while ago, but we had trouble with posting pictures on our blog for a while and I had a minute so I thought that I would put this on. My First Counselor in the Young Men's Presidency and my good friend Brad Funk passed away on the 1st of May. He was involved in a plane crash that morning on a training mission here at Sheppard AFB. He was an instructor pilot and was training a student (Lt. Littler) on different touch-and-go approaches. Needless to say, there was an error on the approach, and what probably was the only option, they ejected. Unfortunately neither parachute functioned as designed and as a sad result neither pilot made it. It was a accident with a horrible outcome. On a positive side...there have been literally THOUSANDS of people who have benefited in some way, shape, or form from knowing this great man and his family; the Mangel family is just a few. Below is a scanned pamphlet from the base-wide memorial service for the pilots held the Monday following the crash. He will be extremely missed.




P.S. His family has been well taken care of and appreciate the prayers!

1 comment:

Kati said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to his family. I can't imagine what they must be going through. Thank goodness for the gospel in their lives and eternal families.
We love you guys.