Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Round Three

We told you in a previous post that we were "thinking" about baby number 3... well, that baby's no longer a "thought." We found out today, officially, that we are pregnant! I came home after church on Sunday and took a home pregnancy test. It was a faint positive, but still good enough for me. I left it in the bathroom so Todd would be surprised. Next thing I know, he comes out of the bathroom and didn't say anything, so I asked him what he thought. He said, "Better luck next time, I guess." I was not expecting THAT reaction, so I pulled him to the bathroom and pointed out the barely-there line and said, "See, it's positive." He had seen the line before but didn't think it was dark enough to mean I was pregnant. I was probably trying to reassure myself more than him, but I insisted that a line is a line. :o) I took another test the next morning just to be sure, and the line on this one was even fainter! So, it was very nice to have it confirmed today via a blood test. I had to call to find out the result, I tried to trick Todd and pretended to be upset, but he didn't fall for it. I am only 4 weeks along and the baby will be born around the 25th of October. We were hoping to get pregnant before we moved so I could get some of the queasiness out of the way here versus in Italy. We are really excited, yet terrified, so wish us luck! By the way, Todd thinks it's a boy and I think it's a girl! Logan wants a brother and a sister... at the same time. Please, oh, please, no. He said, "Mama, I want you to have a brother and a sister in your belly at the same time." lol. We shall see. My sister, Tori, is having twins in March, so I think that's plenty for my side of the family. :o) We'll keep ya posted.

No comments: