I thought I'd update everyone on some things:
We did not end up "adopting" a dog. We didn't want to be tied down like that and the kids are pretty little still, so if you come and visit, you won't be drooled on or anything (I'm trying to give you reasons for coming, lol).
Lyndsey is starting to talk a lot. She really loves the songs, "The wise man built his house upon a rock" and "Popcorn popping" and does the actions. She HATES to be confined: stroller, carseat, being carried around everywhere. She takes her shoes off everywhere and that's a problem because then she HAS to be carried, lol. She is a great little mama to her babies; she wraps them up and feeds them bottles, it's sooo cute. She's in nursery and is pretty good at church for us. She eats dirt and rocks...ugh, unfortunately. She is so precious and is a little ANGEL. She and Logan share a room and they go to bed really nicely (for the most part anyway). She sits still for stories and loves to do anything Logan does. Now for the dreaded news... prepare yourselves now... she... is... lefthanded! LOL. (My Dad is a lefty and thinks they are a rare gem, so I like to tease him. I'll agree with you, Lyn is a treasure.) We LOVE our "principessa"!
I'm sorry, but is it wrong to think you have the smartest kids ever? lol ;o). Logan can READ. Seriously. Give him any 3-5 letter word that can be pronounced phonetically and he's got it down. He sounds out the letters and then says the word like it finally added up. "D...O...W...N" ... DOWN! I guess reading to your kids does make a difference, because we didn't really try to drill letter sounds or anything. He can also write his name and most of the letters and he's great at counting things. The other day he called me and said, "Mom, I found something REDICULOUS!" and was so excited about it... it turned out to be a picture of a bug, but it was so fun. Lyndsey tried to say it, too. Her voice was high-pitched and she was pointing at her book. We like to tease Logan about keeping him from growing up so we can keep him little forever. We say we'll put him in a box with a hole for his head so he can't get grow up and put an elephant or something else on top so he can't get out. He just says he'll pop his way out! Don't worry, it is all in fun and he knows it. Sometimes he'll say, "What are you going to do so I can't grow up?" and we'll say something silly. He really wants to go to kindergarten. He'll say, " Don't worry, I still love you. I'll go to school with my backpack and then you can come pick me up!" We are not discouraging him from school. We talk it up to him after we joke about it. Maybe we sound like aweful parents, and I hope you don't get that idea. lol. We just like to be silly and have fun together.
Todd and I are loving being here in Italy. No offense to anyone, but we could live here forever. Actually, I would love to go to Germany after this. Seize the day, right? Don't panic, it's not set in stone or anything. We miss our family and that's a huge factor. We'll see as time goes. Todd is working hard and is getting involved more with the base. We have just the one car so the kids and I stay home and play mostly. We're planning on buying another car here soon. I am not much of a social-bee though so I'll still probably just stay put most days, lol, until Logan goes to school next year. I am working on trying to play the piano better. I can play both hands slowly and not without looking at the keys a lot of the time. I'm trying to work on playing without looking. That's kind of my goal right now. I am still waiting on MY Twilight sheet music, Hannah. lol. Todd is trying to get our yard in top shape. He pulls weeds and is great at making it look good. I butchered the grass this week trying to mow for him as a surprise, but luckily it grows and he loves me anyway. ;o) The yard was a big mess when we moved in: tons of cigarette butts, fireplace ash in the "flower beds" without flowers, etc. We bought rhododendrons and other plants, mulched, and cleaned it up. Now it looks really nice. Todd slaved away at it. He bought a charcoil (is that how it's spelled? It looks strange) grill and cooked for us today, too. Doing his manly duties around the house, lol. :o) We are lovin' life and it's so fun being here with him, sharing so many great experiences. He's a WONDERFUL man. I LOVE my Todd and all the good he does!
PARTNER
7 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment