Sunday, June 8, 2008

Aviano Bound :)

OFF WE GO!

Well if the flag or map doesn't give it away, I guess nothing will. Tuesday I was informed by my Commander that we have an assignment to Aviano AB, Italy. Wow, how exciting! When I called Nelli to tell her, I couldn't keep the phone near my ear she was screaming so loudly and happy. If you couldn't tell, we are very happy to be going. As of right now, we have to report no later than the 31st of March 2009. So we have about 9 months left still here in Texas, which is a bitter sweet thing...more sweet than bitter in my opinion. Anyhow, every one that we have told has basically ended up hating us out of jealousy...we can't help it, we have just been real lucky. We just are very grateful for the opportunity to serve our country where ever, even in the beautiful country of Italy.


Aviano has three squadrons of F-16's there and that's all. I should be real busy. I am kind of anxious though, I have to get back into the swing of things working at a real base. Teaching has been great, but to get back into the career field is going to be interesting. I will have been out of the operational side of the house for 4 1/2 years. I hope my bosses are patient!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congratulations to you!! Maybe we will come for a visit!

Josh said...

Congrats on the assignment, Todd and Nelli! I went on a wrestling trip to Aviano back in high school -- it was a lot of fun, and a little crazy (I don't think the drivers know what a brake is). The food is great though and with the trains you're close enough to a lot of cool things to see! I'm sure you'll love it!

Jen said...

Wow! I am so jealous! We had neighbors in Nebraska that came from Aviano and they looooved it! Congrats!