Thursday, June 19, 2008

Departure

It's odd to follow my last post with this one, but you're family, so you'll understand. :o) I'm gonna turn this into a therapy session for a minute just 'cause I kinda need to get it off my chest and again, you're my family. The last couple months have been full of loss for us. Grandpa Human died, our church friend, Brad Funk, died tragically, our other church friends just lost their newborn baby on Saturday, and today Grandpa Williams died. I went to Brad's viewing, and it was my first time seeing a dead person. It really struck me then that this life can be over so quickly, and that our spirits really do make us who we are. When our spirit goes, we're really just a shell. It shook me up. Anyway, I'm just grateful for what we have and I KNOW there's more than this life. I can't imagine losing Todd or our kids or any of you, but I KNOW we will be together again someday. We LOVE you all. Carpe Diem!

1 comment:

Josh said...

It's tough to lose Grandpa, Nells. We never got to know either of them as well as we might have liked, but hopefully we'll have that chance again some day. It does make you appreciate the time we have with our loved ones. Love ya!