
And here are a couple of Grandpa John and us at the party stuffing our faces with dessert...I know you couldn't tell that from Logan's face.

Before the real fun!!!
It's time to get wet with a slip and slide!!!!!


You can't beat these action photo's. Nelli is sending them in to ESPN to see if she is good enough to work for them.
Not too long after Logan started to play in the water, we heard crying. Now with lots of kids there is bound to be some crying and we had already seen our share with others earlier, but this was a Logan cry. So super-dad to the rescue (yea right, me super-dad, I know not even close). I came upon Logan and one of the other boys both really upset and crying, but Logan in particular was basically stunned. I picked him up and I noticed he was starting to bleed under his chin. I took a look and well, the two boys had collided and Logan got the worst end of the deal, I pretty nice, deep, cut. I called over my friend, who is a year shy of finishing his Bachelors in Nursing and who has worked on all sorts of OR tables for the military, to see if we should take Logan down for stitches or if he thought a butterfly bandage would do. It did not take long for him to decide what I/we had already decided...we were going to take him down to the ER. So we did and luckily there was no wait (almost unheard of, I know), but funny thing is, the nurse said that Logan was the third kid she saw today with the same problem. Long story short, Logan was pretty brave and came away with two cute little blue whiskers. The first picture is blurry, but the second is more clear, you just have to click on the picture to make it larger so you can see it better.

Anyway, that is how we finished of our 4th of July. The good part about it is, we were able to watch the fireworks on the way back from the Hospital and we stopped just down the street from our house to see the "Grand Finale" in the comfort of our air conditioned car. Considering the circumstances, you can't beat that.







1 comment:
Looks like a great 4th of July --minus the ER trip of course. :-) We're glad Logan is okay!!
Post a Comment