Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fun in the Sun in the Aut-umn!

We have a couple parks in our neighborhood and we usually go to the biggest one because there are more slides, but it doesn't have swings. A change of venue is nice once in a while for the kids so we went to this park and had a BLAST! We played "rocketship" and went down slides and left with big smiles on our faces. It was special spending that time with my babies. There are some high steps and Lyndsey was wanting my help, so she grunted and looked at me to tell me she wanted up. She is getting so good at communicating what she wants. We ask her questions and she says "Uh huh" or signs what she wants. Tonight I told her we needed to clean up the blocks and before I even reached for one, she had picked one up and put it in the bucket! She's amazing. So is our Logan. Sorry to brag, lol, but I'm a mom so I get to, right? Besides, the Grandparents need to be kept up-to-date too. ;o) He can recognize ALL of his letters, can spell and write his name, counts in english and ITALIAN (to 10 really well. Counts to 20 but forgets a couple numbers). He LOVES books. I probably read about 5 Disney storybooks a day to him. We're very blessed to have these sweet kiddos.

Lyndsey hadn't been on a swing before (well, ok, she's been in a baby-swing) and I thought she'd have fun, but she didn't care too much for it. She looked at me like, "Mama, this is weird! Get me out of here." I tickled her feet and that made her happy for a minute but then she started to fuss. It was CRAZY windy that day. That blur is my hair; I couldn't get it out of my face! lol I thought Logan would be all about the swing too, but he didn't want me to swing him high. He's not afraid to climb up high on the playground though!

No comments: